Saturday 19 January 2008

About Us

This blog is not about the counselling side which is our work, but about how we relax and unwind from our jobs, by painting and undertaking creative activities that are fun, exciting and pleasurable.

Des and Katie are both qualified counsellors with BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy).

Des Welham MBACP


I started painting about a year ago, but found it very difficult trying to learn from just books. I tried to find an art tutor in Suffolk, who held classes at weekends and eventually found a brilliant lady named Sue Warne ACI (Alexander Certified Instructor) of Ayoubart in May 07. In just one session I learned more from her than months of pouring over art books. I was starting to learn the 'Wet on Wet' technique started by Bill Alexander and I believe later by Bob Ross.

My job can be quite stressful and therefore I find this an excellent way to relax. Since May I have been attending Sue's workshops and private classes at least once a month, which I really enjoy, and have not looked back since.

I persuaded my wife Katie to come along to my second workshop with Sue in June 07.

Katie Welham MBACP (Accred).

I have never painted anything since I had to at school. I believe this was mainly because at about 5 years old I remember my sister painting the most beautiful landscape I had ever seen (she was only about 11) and I knew I could never do anything like that! Well I was to find out many years later I was wrong!!!

Although over the years I have been creative in many ways making cards, crafts etc I have always avoided painting.

In May 07, I was amazed when my husband Des came home with this beautiful painting from Sue ACI (Alexander Certified Instructor) at Ayoubart's Workshop. I allowed him to persuade me to go on the next workshop in Stowmarket, when we painted Sunbeams.


Sue is absolutely brilliant, she takes you through, step by step and is very patient and understanding. I am now bitten by the painting bug!


I too work in a field that can be stressful and we find this an excellent way to relax and share this hobby together.


More details about us can be found at http://www.suffolkcounsellors.com/; http://www.kade-counselling.com/; http://www.coursesforgrowth.com/;

No comments:

Misty Morning Dec 07

Misty Morning   Dec 07
My interpretation of Magic Brush Art - Jack Kolber http://www.magicbrushart.com